Tuesday, April 9, 2013

...and so it begins.

I recently had a devastating event in my life that will change the way I live from here on out.  I'm sure I will open up and express at some point, but for now, as I stay anonymous, I'll just share my experiences as I try to bring myself nearer to God in this trying time.

You see, I've been a believer for the last 15+ years after growing up in a home with a devout atheist father.  I never even thought about God growing up.  But in my teens I needed Him, and therefore He sent another teen girl into my life to bring me to him.  And thus my faith was born...

Since then, life has been hard, and I have gotten bored with Christianity so many times that I just haven't been where I should be with God.  I've blamed him for a lot of trials in my life that I felt should not have happened.  Too many for one person.  I grew angry at God...and the world in general.  I've ruined a lot of relationships with this bitter, negative attitude, including my relationship with God.

But...

God loves unconditionally.  And through this awful time, I'm brought back to Him as, like before, I really need Him.  He'll give me strength, He'll bring me through this, and He will make me whole and a better person because of it.  All I can do for Him is to do what He asks and be His servant.  So I pray...

I do not and will not proclaim that I know everything about Christianity or the teachings of the Bible. I'm only documenting for my own needs how I am walking back to God right now and forever.  I am doing this for myself.  Not for anyone else. But if God brings someone here who wants to walk with me, then I am glad to have helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to speak with love...