Monday, April 15, 2013

Saul

Last Tuesday, I read a devotional about Saul, a man consumed by hatred, vengeance, and violence, who turns his life to God and becomes Paul, one of the greatest missionaries the world has ever seen. That's the extent to what I know about Saul as I didn't read much more about him than what was in the devotional.

But God speaks to me again...

At church yesterday, Saul was brought up. Then this morning, while reading another devotional, Saul is mentioned yet again!

"In the book of Acts we hear of a man named Saul. He was an incredible instrument of commitment, initiative and passion.

However, he was not making a pleasant sound with his life. He was using his position to harm and destroy. But Jesus turned His life around in such a way that Saul was able to make a beautiful tune that it is still resounding 2000 years later.

It was hard for Jesus’ followers to believe that someone who had been making such a horrendous noise could bring pleasant music to their ears, however, Jesus told them that Saul was His chosen instrument. Anyone who has been chosen by God can make a beautiful sound in this world. It does not matter about our upbringing, our outward appearance, or even how much we are worth. When we are obedient to Christ our life will make the most lovely tune."

I started my walk back to God hating who I had become while stewing in anger and resentment over the last several years. I doubted my ability to change and become what God wants me to be. He's telling me I can do it.

I'm going to dive deep into the story of Saul to become encouraged and inspired. Seems to be what God is giving to me in this time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to speak with love...