Friday, April 19, 2013

FMF: Jump

Five Minute Friday: One word prompt; Five minutes of uninterrupted, unfiltered writing.  However, I never time myself.  Why censor what is from the heart?

JUMP



"Trust God."  My friend said this to me yesterday when I was saying I felt so weak and like my praying wasn't working.  Then God gave me two songs to remind me of this.  Trust.  Let Him do His work.

Not that I can just sit back and it will all work out.  I have to trust God openly and faithfully, do what He is calling me to do, pray, forgive, repent, love....above all, LOVE.

God gave me a promise:
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11
...I have to take a running leap off of the cliff and trust that God is going to catch me and not let me fall.  Because He says He will.

And so I pray.  I pray that God makes me a better person, that He shows me where to go and what to do.  That He helps me through this tough time in my life and that He gives me strength to keep my hope and faith alive.  I take that leap and shout out to the Lord, "I am yours.  I trust you."

He won't let me down.


Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. Amen, God will always lift you up, never let you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, LOVE that graphic above. It's so true. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time. Let me know if there is anything specifically I can pray for you. Feel free to reach out to me at any time jregister0531@gmail.com. Have a great Friday. And don't give up.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to speak with love...