Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Bible is my New Best Friend

I read devotions and bible scriptures all day long. When I feel my brain start to take over my heart, I google a new devotion. Sometimes I read at random, sometimes it's something specific that I am struggling with. Always, it's what I need at the moment to get through my next moment.

I was just doing dishes and my mind wandered from some craptacular advice someone gave to someone else that is affecting me greatly. As I prayed for the second someone to find more Godly advice, my mind made a turn to parenting. How do we teach our children to be righteous? How do we guide them to make the right choices in their lives? It's simple:

"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.” -Romans 15:4

Plain and simple, READ THE BIBLE.

Have you ever heard, "Children don't come with an instruction manual?" That's only partly true. God gave us a place to turn to when we don't know what to say or do. Give advice straight from scripture and with love. Are you angry or hurt? Hold your tongue and pray about what you are going to say to someone about their situation. Consult the Bible. What would God want you to say right now? It would be tragic to give your child, your friend, your lover, etc, advice that will only hurt them further if it does not align with God's words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to speak with love...