Monday, May 20, 2013

Remember the Keys

This last week has been a tough one.  My faith has been attacked by the enemy.  My mind have been shrouded with doubt and resentment...and sadness.  My mind and heart have been in a constant battle leaving me feeling very weak and helpless.

I've slacked a little on my devotionals because of time constraints at home (this may be the window that the devil saw that let him creep in).  Even while getting attacked though, I have been able to keep expressing my faith to my children and to keep teaching them from the bible, which is good.  I've been praying fervently too.  Also a good sign.  Although my faith is being tested, I've been able to keep it.  In other times, I would just give up.

My tears have been flowing, and of course, God has heard me.  On Saturday night, I was watching a sermon from Destiny Christian Church in Arizona.  It was as if she was speaking directly to me in several instances.  This is the second week they are covering "God Speaks".

Wait, let me back track to earlier that day...or maybe it was Friday.  I had posted on Facebook that "I believe in miracles."  I used the status to say "out loud" that I believe God makes big moves and I believe He will.  I was speaking directly to the devil.  "You may be letting me sink in doubt and despair, devil, but I still believe!!!"  So there.

Back to the sermon..."Pray and believe the impossible!"  That's a direct quote from Pastor Melissa Witmer who was giving the message.  God speaks!

At the end of the message, Melissa stuck something in that wasn't completely having to do with the subject.  Although it was relevant in a roundabout way, it was kind of out of left field.  She said she felt like it was put on her heart to share it.  She spoke of a time that she was praying to God and feeling doubtful.  She had a sudden urge to ask for something material to reaffirm her faith.  And lo and behold, within 24 hours it was given to her.  The exact item she asked for.  A fellow pastor handed her an envelope saying God wanted her to give it to her.  And there it was!  Melissa finished by saying, "Remember these tokens that God gives to us to let you know that He is there."

Immediately, in bright bold letters in my brain, I saw "Remember the Keys!!!!!"  I let out a big sigh and thanked God for the reminder.  And now I want to put keys all over the place to remind me of my faith from now on.

You see, a week or so ago, I had grabbed my car keys to go run some errands.  As I walked out the door, I found that a chunk of my keys were gone.  The remote and key to the car I always drive were just not there.  I walked back into the  house and asked my husband if he had taken them off.  After he said no, we looked around on the floor under where my keys are normally hanging and we didn't find anything.  It's as if they just got up and walked away.  My husband said, "Maybe they just got off the ring and fell somewhere."  Really?  How do keys get off of a tight key ring on their own?  My mind went directly to believing that my husband had taken them from me.  That he was trying to take the car away from me and this was the first part of the divorce proceedings that I have been so desperately praying for to stop.  I felt my heart sink to my toes.

My husband handed me his key for the car and I went to run my errands.  While out, I prayed continuously asking God to please please please stop the divorce stuff.  Just as I had finished up my errands and was pulling into the driveway, I realized that I was praying the wrong thing. I sat behind the steering wheel and said, "God, I believe in your miracles and I know you are going to fix my marriage.  Please remove all doubt that I have surrounding my husband and let me walk into the house and see my keys immediately."

I got out of the car and kept saying the last part of that prayer over and over again.  I opened the door and there they were inside an empty bag that was hanging just below where the keys are kept.  It's not as if I purposefully looked into the bag.  My eyes just instinctively looked right in there as I walked in.  "Here I am," God said.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." --Matthew 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to speak with love...