Monday, May 13, 2013

Zip Your Lips!

I recently prayed to God asking if I should speak up.  Should I be telling my husband that I am sorry even though I said it over and over again?  Should I ask him if he still wants a divorce?  Should I give him more scriptures or devotionals that I have read that strongly imply that divorce is by all means not what God wants?  Should I stand up for myself and tell him the way he is treating me right now isn't really fair?  Should I tell him that I am hurt and confused and angry and sad and sorry....Should I be saying anything at all?

Over the last 3 days, the following scriptures have popped up in devotionals and books I have been reading, on my Facebook news feed, as the random "Scripture of the Day" on youversion...everywhere.
"The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent." --Exodus 14:14
"There is...a time for every purpose under heaven...a time to keep silence and a time to speak." --Ecclesiastes 3:1,7
"A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back." --Proverbs 29:11
"Do not be rash with your mouth, and let not your heart utter anything hastily before God.  For God is in heaven, and you on earth; therefore let your words be few."  --Ecclesiastes 5:2
"They, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives."  -1 Peter 3:1-2
There's more....I'm not even kidding here.  These scriptures made their way into what I have been reading.  I did not go look up "Does the bible say to stay silent?" or anything of the sort.  These randomly popped up in every day stuff. Every time I saw a verse about being silent, I marked it with "Zip Your Lips!"  An easy reminder when I flip through my notes that God is telling me to just keep to myself.

I hear ya, Lord!  Loud and clear!  Keep my mouth shut and let YOU do the work.
"There is a time to speak and a time not to speak, and happy is the man whose wife can discern between the two." --The Power of a Praying Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to speak with love...